Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whacking and chainsaws

Are kind of ruining my peace and quiet. Thus, earplugs FTW. So I hope no one tries to call, as I had to put earplugs in, because I would otherwise not be able to hear myself think, and I like being able to hear myself think.

There's massive construction/repairs going on at my apartment complex, which is nice, because it means that the property owners care enough to make sure the place is maintained, but bad insofar as that it's very noisy, getting it accomplished. Chainsaws are very loud. So is hammering. And other such construction related noises.

And it's landscaping day, so they're running their power equipment as well, and so it's just very noisy out there. And so I'll hide in earplugs until they're finished, as I'm already brewing one hell of a headache, which I'm kind of hoping to head off.

My entire day got a little bit blown to hell as it is, which I'm not thrilled about, but there isn't much I can do about, and I'm going to end up spending the better part of tomorrow with yet another batch of doctors, clinicians, and techs doing various exams, which was the plan for today, except that *someone* didn't send the correct referral forms. AGAIN.

Mental note to myself to call in advance and make sure they have all the damn paperwork. So one of the ultrasounds got done. Some lab work got done. Some prescriptions were written. And all the rest of it will get done tomorrow. Fucking yay.

I need to take the Thunderbird in and get it checked over by a mechanic, as it seems that the engine mounts may need to be tightened down. No idea how much that's going to run me. And I'm due for brakes, and an oil change, among other things. Always something, right? But I can't afford to let my car fall into disrepair, so I'll take care of it as soon as I can.

And I'm not feeling so hot lately, as evidenced by Brody watching one of my spinny episodes earlier today, which I think is kind of rattling her cage. She got to see one of my lupus flares in living colour a few weeks ago, which is kind of disconcerting, if you aren't expected it. Watching my skin kind of start blistering in front of you is sort of unnerving when it happens in seconds flat. We threw a towel across my arms, got her home, and I headed directly home to stay out of the sun. But I think it shocked her. Hearing me say that my skin blisters, and watching a blister form that quickly just aren't quite the same, and I always forget how creepy it can be.

I think that my meds are going to be tinkered about with this new batch of bloodwork. OH OH OH! But on a fucking happy note, I ran all over hell and gone this morning, and when they did my blood pressure, right after all the jogging? That shit came in at 111/70. Dead on normal, which means that all the exercise I've been doing lately is actually making me more the healthy, because generally if I get over-exerted, when they pop the cuff on me, it runs at least a little high, until I've been sitting for a few minutes. That's apparently not the case anymore. I was rather pleased by that. So yay for me, and my bouncy-bouncy-bouncy.

I finally have a quasi-goal in mind for myself, for what I want to be when I grow...down? LOL. That sounded funny even to me. I have this kind of strange ghosty picture in my mind, of an outfit I vaguely remember as being one of my favourites when I was 16-17 years old. And that outfit is something I saw on someone else recently, who is my height, and my body frame, but much lighter than I am. She's not stick-thin, but she had what I'm shooting for. And it suddenly dawned on me that she was dressed in clothes I would have worn once upon a time. And then I realized what weight range I'll need to be in, to look like that. And I was content then, because now I can has a goal. It's a vague, misty goal, to be sure. But it's a goal, and that made me happy. So I'll putter along, in ten pound increments, and perhaps I'll someday achieve my goal, and then I'll go buy a bodysuit, and see if I look like the Crystal I remember.

That might be nice. Looking at me in the mirror, and seeing the Crystal I remember looking back at me...having that confidence back would be good. I don't want to be that angry, angsty girl. But I sure would like her body back :)

Okay, I'm going to have to go take something for this headache, and maybe make some tea.

No comments: