Friday, September 5, 2008

Bad news seems to come in threes :(

I'm exhausted and I'm worried, and I don't feel very good. My head is splitting, and while I'd like nothing more than to crawl under a rock, my homework isn't going to do itself, and if I don't do it, I'll fail. And that's not something I'm willing to do. All of that notwithstanding, on the one-to-ten craptastic meter? I'm not even registering.

Shawn got laid off yesterday, and my entire focus is on "oh crap, what is going to happen for Sissa???", and knowing that in reality there's almost nothing I *can* do, and that fucking blows. I can't do much more than sit here and worry, and hope everything will be alright. And while he's looking at jobs nationwide? That means in reality that my Sissa is going to be moving away, probably far away. And that makes me sad, because I will miss her badly. While I don't make it down there as often as I should, I like knowing that she's right there. Although I'll also support her moving to wherever the hell she needs to, for them to be okay again, so Shawn can work. I'm just worried about them. None of us saw this coming, and I guess maybe I'm still in shock somewhat.

Yes, I'm definitely in shock still. Hell, I lost my speech completely when she told me yesterday. It caught me that off guard.

And I'm worried about Brody, and what will happen when she goes to Stanford, because I just want them to figure out what's broken, and FIX IT already, dammit. And I know that's not fair, but, well, I'm tired of trying to be fair all the time.

Sometimes I just want to stomp my feet and punch things and point out that it isn't okay that everything goes to shit. See? I knew I shouldn't have taken my stuff out of boxes, and unpacked the spare room. I told everyone that, and no one listened! And now it appears lives are going to hell in handbaskets, and I just want it to stop!

I want to hold close everyone I love, and hug them tight, and know that they are safe, and cared for, and will be happy and secure. Is that so much to ask? Is it really? It doesn't seem as though that's an unreasonable request.

No comments: