Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I am a grammar Nazi

And it's killing me. So the discussion boards for my classes, they're killing me. Observe an excerpt from one of my forums:

"In American back in the days, I thought that slavery was so cruelty and people was mistreated especially for the black people. Slavery wasn't even treated fairly like a person who is working at a job, it was worst because they have to suffered through pain end even death. It was not in equal right for people at all during the history of American, but now people in the U.S.A are all treated with equal rights. An interested observation is that slavery people were braved enough just to fight through all the pain they had suffer through, some won't even speak about the history of slavery but some are courageously enough too tell about the history of slavery."

This pains me. It almost physically pains me. It makes me want to send the grammar Nazi to him, or send him a link like this one, to Fixing common grammar mistakes and then send him a link to dictionary.com so that he can learn to both use proper English, and spell things correctly.

Yes, I make typos. Everyone does. And yes, when I'm feeling snarky, I will put the strangest things up.

But if you're going to post on an educational forum for discussion? *Don't fuck it up*. This is your best foot forward, people! And if you're going to snark someone on a forum? DO NOT FUCK UP. Because it will make you look like a colossal moron. If you're too illiterate to be posting something, that's what spell and grammar check is *for* in the first place. Use it, it's your friend! Love it! Feel the love!

Yes, sorry for the rant. I've just had to slog through 19 posts from such literate persons, and it was painful. And I have several more to go. Which are most likely going to be equally painful. At least I'm going to look good by comparison?

No comments: