Monday, September 15, 2008

Tales from the vastly amused

Yup. That's me, vastly amused. And I am, truly. I spend a fair amount of my personal time fairly amused at life, and the little things that everyone else around me does. Quite a few people spend a good deal of their time wondering what I'm up to, and whether or not I'm getting into trouble. The short answer? Yep, I am. And I'm having a lot of fun with that. Because, well, honestly? I *can*. There's no reason for me not to amuse myself these days.

The rest of the time? I just wish all of the idiots of the world would figure out that they're wasting their time stalking me, and that it's not worthwhile for them to be so damned obsessed with me. Obviously, I'm just that wonderful (ha ha ha), that they can't get over me? Somehow, I doubt that. More likely, they're worried about what I might do that will wreck whatever little soapbubble fantasy they might have built a pile of lies on, and my special brand of truth has a bad habit of popping such soapbubbles.

See, the upside to spending a good deal of my time living in reality, and not constructing elaborate lies to play in? Means that I don't have to wonder if and when my house of cards will fall down. I don't have to wonder whether or not I'll be unhappy tomorrow, or whether or not the fantasy life that's being lived will disintegrate by the end of the week.

And I like that. And it amuses me, watching all the other little hamsters, on their repetitive wheels. Because while my life is pretty calm and predictable for the most part? I like it that way, and I'm pretty happy these days. I've got things going well for me.

I've got my needs being met, and I have things that make me happy and content, and I'm not bored. I didn't end up settling, and I'm not just marking time, hoping that everything will work itself out.

Wow, I ended up rambling, I'm not even sure where I started with this.

Oh, on another note, I have an assignment for school on a "contrast and compare" essay, which I'm going to get a royal kick out of writing. I really enjoyed the last one that was assigned, on a major life-changing event, and I'm enjoying the course itself. School is challenging and stimulating, and I'm looking forward to writing this new assignment as well.

Okay, that's it for right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read that school is going well for you. Hope the rest of the semester goes that way too.