Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One more day...

So tomorrow is supposed to be the end of the world, according to MSNBC this afternoon. How very Angels and Demons. Large hadron collider will fire up tomorrow for the very first time. And that's a big fucking deal. Of course it is. And it's kind of scary, and it's really exciting.

Everyone has had theories about how the world was created, since, well, forever. Me among them. Who hasn't? And tomorrow, they're going to try and recreate the big bang theory. And that's cool.

But me? I'd kind of like to spend tonight with someone besides myself, because tomorrow might be the end of the world as we know it. Not that I really believe that it'll be the actual end of the world. But I do think that things will change fast, once they turn that machine on.

Science is a marvelous thing. And theories are going to be tested that never have before. But tonight? Tonight I don't really want to be alone. I'd like to sit and debate, and talk, and...hell, I don't know...

** Addendum ** Thanks Ryan, for coming to my rescue and spending the night with me and lifting my spirits :)

No comments: