Thursday, September 25, 2008

Well that clinched it.

There's not a snowball's fucking chance in hell I'd vote for McCain if someone held a gun to my head. Because of his VP pick, Palin. And she can go fuck herself. And I'm not usually this outspoken about it, but obviously, she felt the need to be outspoken about abortion in 2006, which kind of opened the door. Planned Parenthood will be making quite a bit of money in donations because of her. Which is cool, because hey, I fully support Planned Parenthood. But Sarah Palin? Fuck that. She's actually spouted off as saying in 2006 in the article that's linked there that if her daughter was raped, she'd be against her having an abortion? And she wants to overturn Roe vs Wade? I have problems with this. A lot of problems with this.

Me, personally? Not planning on having an abortion. Do I think that they need to be legal? Absofuckinglutely. Women's right to choose, for the win. And that's how it should remain. There is no reason under the sun for a woman who is raped, at any point, to have to bear the child of her rapist. There is no reason for an incest victim to need to bear that child. EVER. For any reason. Abortion should never again be illegal. It just doesn't make sense. And places like Planned Parenthood help to make that possible.

Did I sign the petitions to keep parents from being notified if a minor needed to have such a procedure performed? Yes, I did. And yes, I always will. Because I know and support the reality of such situations. In a perfect world, maybe, everything would be bunnies and sunshine, and every girl would be able to go home and tell her parents that she's in trouble and everything would work out. But life doesn't work that way. And bad things happen, and sometimes it's just not safe.

Do I go out and vote on election day? Hell yes, I do. Because even if it's just my one piddly little vote, it gives me the right to voice my opinion, and not be a silent bystander. If you don't vote, then you have to right to say anything. You didn't care enough to stand and speak, then you need to sit down and shut up.

Anyway, back to Palin. I won't vote to support someone who wants to push back progress, and that appears to be what she's doing. I didn't like McCain in the first place. But I like him even less now.

1 comment:

The Baroness Von SmartyPants said...

Not only does she want to overturn Roe v. Wade, and oppose abortion. She also required rape victims to pay for their own forensics rape kit to prove the were raped.

Yeah.

That alone tells me who she is, and I don't want that as my Vice President.