Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh yeah!

Totally forgot! Monkey's gonna be turning 12 this weekend too! Egads, she'll be officially a pre-teen, with all the pitfalls and drama that goes with that. I'm trying hard to brace for it, but I know I won't be able to really know what to expect.

And unfortunately, I'm the first of the group to have a kid growing up, everyone else had their kids after I did, so there's no one for me to ask about what's coming.

That was more or less it for a fast update, I now need to go bury myself back in the books, and finish a couple of chapters, and start on an essay. Homework is kind of a tedious drag. At least Josh and I will have something in common, I think he said he's a Lit major at FSU. Yay? I'll feel somewhat inferior most of the time, but at least I won't be bored talking with someone who likes books as much as I do. And is willing to be seen in public with me. That'll be a nice change of pace too.

Overall, I'm enjoying the challenge of school, but it's a strain on me, it takes a lot more concentration than I thought it would.

Back to the grind :)

No comments: