Monday, August 25, 2008

Dating?

Yeah, who would've thought? I certainly wouldn't have. But I guess that's what I'm going to be doing. And a lot of it, for the next little while, depending on how things go. The proverbial guy next door asked me out, so I'm going to be going to the Cheesecake Factory, and ingesting about a bajillion calories worth of cheesecake and some conversation with him. His name's Josh. Ran into him by the mailboxes, and he asked whether I'd be interested in going to dinner, and I'm getting better at the saying "yes" instead of "Are you insane?" as a rote response, which led to making plans, and so I guess I'll be joining the dating scene. Scheduled that for later this week.

And then this morning, Bakersfield guy emailed, and I lined up something for this coming weekend, pending confirmation on skipping the plans I already had in place. If that pans out, I'll go out for chinese with Larry, and possibly go see a movie. That should be fun. Haven't gone and sat in a chinese restaurant...I can't remember when. Geeze. Maybe with Billy? Been a while, then. But it should be alright. Spent easily a half hour talking about random stuff with Larry, so we should be able to make conversation without any trouble.

And then, not a date, but lunch with Ryan next week possibly, because he shot me an email sometime either last night or this morning, telling me that he's been stopping by my apartment off and on for months, and I've apparently been missing him, which totally sucks, because I *really* wanted to pursue that friendship with Gantor, and I feel like a complete asshat for not realizing that he's been coming by. Of course, the *phone* is always a great tool for communication, and I replied back with he's welcome to utilize it for contacting me.

So overall? While I'll be a seriously busy girl, I'll also be having a really good time. And I think it's about damned time I have some fun. Woo-hoo!

No comments: