Saturday, August 23, 2008

I think my head may explode

I really do. Think my head may explode, that is. The colossal amount of work that's involved for school? Yeah, it's about to get worse. And while I'll manage it, I won't be doing much else beside burying myself in the books, because three of the classes actually are going to be work. One's a fluff class, which is cool and all, but the others are actual work, with the required textbook and honest-to-god *studying* to go with them.

So don't mind me if you get told "Sorry, I have to study" quite a bit.

I spent the better part of the last week buried under just one load of English coursework, and the other two classes hadn't even cracked a book on yet. Suffice it to say, the others all kicked off this weekend, and I'm going to be busy. There won't be a lot of time for bs'ing. I have too much riding on this, financially and otherwise, to screw it up.

But I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. And pretty pleased with all the new things I've been up to lately. Things are even slowly but surely looking up on the dating scene, as it turns out. I met a guy in Bakersfield a couple of weeks ago, while I was down there visiting, and he asked me out, and I guess he's willing to make the drive to Fresno to come and take me out to dinner, so we'll see how that goes. Strange, but whatever. And there are a couple of nice local men around these days too, so I suppose I need to get over some of my issues, and go out occasionally. I said I would stop rejecting everyone out-of-hand, and I'm finally doing just that.

Can't be morose forever, right? Better to be optimistic about something, than just sit around being sad. Although honestly, this bullshit with having my radio playing "Over You" by Daughtry every single timeI happen to be driving is starting to get on my nerves. It's kind of creepy. Maybe it's a sign or something.

I suppose maybe the apocalypse really is coming. I'm dating again, Brody's mom was nice to me. My mom called to tell me she's proud of me and she loves me, just randomly. I really am thinking that it's about time for the other shoe to drop, and catastrophe to strike, and my nice, orderly little life to get somewhat plunked into disarray, simply because everything seems to be working out now.

I wouldn't surprised to find someone on my front porch wanting me to fix their lives for them, or one of my exes professing undying love at this point.

(comedy factor here being just as I typed that, a loud thump was heard from my front porch, because the boys next door are moving in, but it didn't in any way negate the humor factor of the timing

So anyhow, that's my weekend random update, because I took a break from studying and finishing an assignment, and now I'm going to go make something to eat really quickly, before I plunge into part of next week's study guides, and start in on Speech.

Ah, so it goes.

No comments: