Friday, August 29, 2008

Cheesecake and seeing stars

Ah, dating. What a weird and strange activity. So last night was the first "dating" experience, and I have to say it went well, and was rather pleasant. And the Cheesecake Factory? It rocks. Yay for cheesecakes. About a bajillion calories, I'm sure, but well worth every bite.

So we went out, and I did my hair, which totally sucked, and I won't be doing again, as by the end of the night, it was more or less collapsed, and he didn't seem to care much either way, I could have just brushed it out in the back and styled the bangs, so it's kind of irrelevant. Anyhow. Don't mind my babble.

We went and ate, and then went and played pool for a little while, and I met some of his friends, which was nice. They seem friendly and mature and mostly smart, with the occasional asshat average college frat boy types thrown in, but whatever. And we bowled. I've never actually bowled before, and it was fun. We didn't keep score, because I'd never done it before, and he told me that wouldn't be fair, and we could keep score next time. But I managed to knock the pins down! I had a good time. I already knew that I can shoot pool reasonably well, and he beat me once, and I beat him once, so that was all good, although I think he let me win. Not a big deal, I'm badly out of practice, and I suppose if we go out often enough, I can always brush up on my skills.

And then, we did the traditionally completely high school juvenile thing, and after having to search around for it, we went to sky habour, which you actually have to hike up to now. And so we did. We sat on a rock, and looked at stars for a while. It was fun, and I haven't been up there in ages. I honestly think Heath was with me the last time I went out there, so it really has been a while. But it was fun, and it was nice to go out, and laugh and joke, and not feel out of place.

We made plans to do it again, and that was fun too. Knowing there will be another good time, and knowing that I don't have to be nervous the next time. Being wanted is a good feeling. I got home so ridiculously late, and I hope he didn't sleep through his alarm this morning, because I know I nearly slept through mine.

I ended up writing my essay last night when I got home, and then fighting with the Blackboard system, which refused to let me upload my rough draft, the bastards. Got that all straightened out today. For those of you who might need this knowledge? Blackboard is NOT COMPATIBLE for upload with Mozilla Firefox. Not that it says that anywhere, in any capacity. The nice techs at Blackboard were just as puzzled as I was for the 45 minutes we spent searching through the possible issues, until we figured out that any versions of Mozilla that are higher than 3.0 simply won't work with uploads. So, heed the warning, especially if you have any online classes, and will need to be uploading anything. It's good shit to know in advance.

Up next at bat is Larry, although I feel sort of bad for him, because I don't think he's going to be able to top out my date with Josh. And I don't have the crassness to tell him that he's competing with hot college man that I had such fun with. That would be inexcusably rude, and I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. But I doubt that things will spark as well with Larry as with Josh, unfortunately for Larry. And Josh is just so darned convenient as well!

Which probably makes me kind of mean, but it's been quite a long dry spell, and I'm enjoying the attention. C'est la vie. So I'm set to go and have Chinese food with Larry over the weekend, and trying to decide what we should do after that, should it be a movie which means there can be no conversation, or should we find a nice coffeehouse and sit and chat? He'll be getting a hotel room, because he has to drive into town for this date, and I'm *not* going to go and hang out at a hotel with him (sorry Larry, not my style). So I need to figure out what to do after dinner. And I'm not comfortable bringing him back to my apartment either, just...well, just because.

At any rate, that's it for the life and frolicking for me today, as I need to go and, I don't know. What do girls do now? Wash their hair? Okay, I'm going to go wash my hair, and do laundry or something! Bye!

No comments: