Friday, August 29, 2008

I learned something new today

When you are poor, it's hard to say what you mean. Mostly because people don't really ask you something because they want the truth. You think they want to get the answer they expect. And that isn't always the the case. Sometimes people ask you a question, because they genuinely want to know. And sometimes you need to learn how to listen in a different way, or learn to phrase your questions in a different context.

Dignity is more important to the human spirit than wealth. When people gain income, they gain choice. Thanks to Jacqueline Novogratz. This is the lecture I listened to from Ms. Novogratz.

I've always known that's part of what's changed for me. I'm independent now. And it makes a huge difference for me, and how I live my life now, the fact that I'm no longer having to be dependent on someone else. And I can see how that would effect how I feel, dignity wise.

And from that same site as above, there are hundreds of other things that are thought-provoking, or inspiring. A collection of things to think about. Ideas worth spreading. So go, check it out, leave me comments or emails back telling me what you think, or pass it along, so that more people can hear about it!

Things like this should be shared.

No comments: