Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random spotting of the blue shoe

Out on Willow today, Mona and I spotted the blue shoe. It was...strange. He really does look silly without the facial hair. *How* did I miss that? Really? Was I that completely oblivious for that six month period? I guess I might have completely lost my mind during that time, and perhaps this means that I may have finally found it again? That would be good.

She and I talked about it while we played at Trader Joe's and bought many happy munchies to eat while we watched the freaky-ass movie we're currently watching. Me and horror movies? Not so much, as I'm easily spooked. And I have to say, I'm really grateful to have my surround sound back!

And japanese ice cream ball puff things? Are...strange. Not bad, just peculiar.

So, school is going well, all systems go. I'm flat fucking broke, because of having to pay for books that I didn't expect to have to buy, and a couple of teachers changing out the books I needed, but things are going well. It's a damn good thing that I don't have to be on campus daily, because if I had to, I'd be completely screwed. I wouldn't be able to swing the gas for it. I love my car, but it's a gas guzzler, and prices are steadily climbing again. Kind of sucks.

But other than the lousy prices on gas, and books, things are looking up :)

Oh, the banana bread did turn out well, and so did my spaghetti the other day. It simmered all night overnight, and it was awesome. I was thrilled. I've also got a handful of new bread recipes to try out, because I got ingredients instead of mixes recently, to save some money. I'm hoping that it'll work out in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...don't give up =) Stopping by to say "hey". Sara