Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Minimizing risk taking!

Odds of fatally slipping in bath or shower: 2,232 to 1
Odds of being killed sometime in the next year in any sort of transportation accident: 77 to 1
Odds of getting killed somehow while walking around outside: 1 in 49,000
Odds of death due to burning pajamas: 1 in 97,000,000 (National Safety Council stat, and no that’s not a joke)

You take risks each and every day doing the most mundane tasks. It's not about taking risks it's about risk management.

***

So, essentially: I can cut down all my chances if I stay in the house, sleep naked, and don't go anywhere for the next year?? I refuse to stay dirty, so I'll take my chances with the bath/shower, but the risks can be cut way down :P

And no, I'm not willing to be a housebound hermit, but it was still somewhat amusing. Thanks Anon.

No comments: