Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yet more sneezing.

Yay. And I ordered a book from Amazon, which they are quite obligingly sending to Melissa's house. Whee. I like books. Books are awesome. Mmm. I should ask about going and getting a library card here too, now that I'm thinking about it. Or maybe she has one already. Libraries are awesome too. Once I get done being sick, that is. (sneeze)

I think Ezzie is finally adjusting, at least, he comes out from under the blankets on my bed more now. And he's being a basic pain in the butt at night again now, so I'm guessing he's doing all right.

I wish I'd brought my electric kettle. When I feel this lousy, hot tea always sounds good, and boiling water, or even microwaving water, kind of sucks. And I hate it that Melissa keeps waiting on me. Even though she claims she likes to. It's very odd. Must be a Jewish housewife thing. (shakes head in wonder)

I have absolutely no idea how she does it. She has three children. She cooks. She cleans. She takes immaculate care of her children and her husband, like all the time. She does all these side projects, like sewing and stuff. And she makes these elaborate invitations for weddings and stuff (it's a side-job thing that she's making into an actual semi-career as though she isn't busy enough). She studies for her conversion into Judaism, she cooks these fancy meals from scratch that make my cooking skills seem sad and pathetic, and she bakes better than most bakeries. It's freaking amazing.

Obviously Melissa absolutely astounds me, can you tell?

I just don't know how she finds enough hours in the day for everything she does. And she's happy. She's centered and focused and she plays with her children, and you can tell that they're loved and well-tended. It absolutely shines from them. I honestly don't know how anyone can do everything she does, and not just collapse. Melissa is amazing.


Ok, I'm done singing her praises now. I'll probably sing more later :)

1 comment:

Sissa said...

I'm going to go cry I am so flattered, honored, touched and flabbergasted. Love ya!