Thursday, February 21, 2008

Musings from the ill

The entire household has been sick. Melissa has a sinus infection, treated with antibiotics. Shawn had bronchitis. Baby Lauren had an earache. Emily has a cold, with a nasty cough. David's got a sinus infection, antibiotics for him too. And the baby, Ashley? An eye infection, an ear infection and pneumonia. Suffice to say I'm sporting pneumonia and on antibiotics and fairly miserable. I've been slamming them for the duration. That poor baby girl, though. Her neglectful, miserable mother just couldn't be bothered, and that poor kid has had pneumonia for two months. Her lungs were so full of fluid that you couldn't see her ribs on the chest x-ray. Her body had stopped even trying to fight the infection. If she hadn't been seen, she probably would simply have not woken up one morning, because her body had just given up. The poor baby. And her mother just doesn't seem to care, even now. Tonight, her night off? The baby is here. Her mother is out, with her boyfriend, because she doesn't care enough to want to spend time with her sick child. She makes me sick. The whole idea of it makes me sick.

Why bother having kids in the first place, if you don't want to actually play with them? If you don't want to take care of them, show them you love them, spend time with them? Not just tell them, but *show* them. Parent them? Why bother? If you're just going to shuttle them from daycare to daycare, and basically ignore them, and consider them an inconvenience to your lifestyle, why fucking bother? Give the poor things to someone who actually will love them, and take care of them. Foster care would actually be better for some kids than being with parents who can't be bothered. Shove the kid into a corner, into a room, ignore it all the time. Wait until the poor thing is screaming for your attention before you yell in frustration at it, and then wonder why all it does is cry at you? Wonder why your kid will more or less behave for anyone else except you? Probably because you ignore it all the time. That might be it. If you ignore your kid all the time, except to shuttle it from point A to point B, it's going to treat you the way you treat it. God, I'm so frustrated and disgusted I could scream. Some people should just be smacked upside the head, and shouldn't be allowed to keep their kids. Sad, but true.

Wow, that was a hell of a tangent, even for me. I really am thoroughly disgusted. It might have something to do with me not having Dana. Because I didn't do anything wrong or bad, that caused her to not be with me. I was sick, and so it isn't as though I was neglecting her, or abusing her. So to have to look at people who willfully or intentionally mistreat their kids, because they can't be bothered just makes me sick and depressed. Because children are so precious, and some people can't seem to appreciate what they have.

I'm going to stop blogging now, before I rile myself up any further. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Sissa said...

Lol and I pray that she never reads your blog! At least I take care of her anyway :) Send the world here and I will take care of them all. Call it Melissa's house of healing.