Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Success!

Ahh, and there was much success in babysitting! I'm rather proud. I took care of the baby and the toddler today, by myself for several hours, and I'm rather proud of that. It went smoothly, flawlessly, even.

Shawn and Melissa were both gone, one to an orientation, and one to the dentist, so I stayed with the girls. Which wouldn't be complicated at all, except that the baby is completely breastfed, and, well, I don't have the *ahem* correct equipment to furnish those needs. But we managed. I even got her to take a nap. I'm stoked. It went great.

I even got the living room picked up. Yay!

And this afternoon, I think we'll be making several loaves of challah, and some snickerdoodles. Woohoo!

I feel accomplished. I really do. Which is sort of lame, but whatever. I'm still proud of myself. I didn't think it would go quite as well as it did this morning.

Although looking at the clock, I need to remember to send Shawn to go to get Ashley if noon rolls around and Melissa isn't back in time.

1 comment:

Sissa said...

You are wonderful, and a fabulous auntie! We miss you, come home!