Friday, February 6, 2009

silly things that make me happy

Funny socks
Journals
New ink pens
Learning interesting things
Putting my hair up into a ponytail and realizing that there's almost two feet of hair hanging down now
Linguistics
Sweaters
Hardwood floors
Music
Watching movies together
Watching movies alone
Stamps
Corners
Books
Calendars
The Pyramid Collection
The fact that I can now wear pretty much anything *from* The Pyramid Collection's clothes
Bagels
White Chocolate Mocha
Coffee
Cookies
Hard-boiled eggs
Challah


Life makes me happy. So very many things about life, both big and small, make me happy, and all the infinite varieties that make it up please me. I want for others to be able to look at the world around them, and see that it's beautiful, and amazing, and there's so much there to experience.

There's so much love just waiting to be given, and received, and explored. Life is a gift and a joy, and a pleasure, and if I could, and I would share that perspective with the entire world. To hold close those whom I love, and show them my view of the world, so they could feel the joy in it, and the wonder, and the happiness that surrounds me. Just a little, just for a while, so they could feel that too.

Those are the things that make me happy, being able to make others happy too. Silly things, small things, the ability to see them and appreciate them, and accept them. Knowing that it isn't always about the huge things. The small things will do.

No comments: