Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Obligation?

I'm not an obligation. You don't owe me. I wish, so badly, that when I ask a straightforward question, that I could get a straightforward answer, without being worried about how I'm going to respond, or what the repercussions might be, or anything else. If I'm asking how you're going to feel about something, I'm not asking how *I* am going to feel about it, obviously *I* know that already. I don't want to hear you say how *I* am going to feel, or what *I* want. I want to know what *you* want.

Somehow, someday, there is going to come a time when you stop being afraid of yourself, of me. Of everything all the time. Life will be better then. But all I can do right now is insure that you don't keep feeling like you owe me, because you don't. You haven't, in a long time. That wasn't ever my intention, which was why I kept pushing it, because something didn't seem right, you weren't acting right, and I pushed until I got the truth, as opposed to the more convenient lie.

Just getting what I wanted wasn't actually what I wanted, don't you understand that, even now? Just because I might want something, if it isn't something you're willing and comfortable with giving to me, then I don't want it, at the end of the day.

I don't want it if it's making you miserable. If it scares you that badly, and makes you that uncomfortable, then ultimately, I honestly just don't want it, and don't care that much to have it. It's not like I'm miserably unhappy with the way things are, I thought you understood that. I guess not, and you refuse to talk to me about it, which is the most frustrating thing in the world.

Ultimately, all I really want is to have peace, and to be safe and comfortable with myself. But we're never going to get anywhere without some sense of communication...

No comments: