Monday, February 2, 2009

Service announcement about death and responsibility

Someone had a very good point recently, and I get enough traffic here now to put this online, so here it is. A lot of people around me recently have died, in one fashion or another, as a result of unforeseen circumstances, ill health, or just stupidity. But in several of those cases, none of them have left a will.

And while I understand that no one wants to think about what might happen when they're gone? It leaves a lot of trouble behind, and things to untangle and take care of, if you haven't actually made one up. So, here's a place you can go to get handy legal forms by state for such things as wills.

If you have children? You have zero excuse to not go, and get this form. None. Make damn sure your kids are taken care of, that they aren't going to land in foster care, or with gods only know who, because you were too lazy or irresponsible to not take out the ten minutes, right now, to go and download a form, and get that taken care of.

Life isn't guaranteed, and it's not predictable.

That being said, that was my public service announcement for today, and I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. I will return with something not so depressing, and responsible later. I'll think of something appropriately weird and funny.

No comments: