Thursday, October 25, 2007

Uneventful

Mostly. I want to say that things are uneventful, and for the most part they are. My back and hip are fairly fucked up at the moment, because I was stubborn and didn't want to wait for someone to help me dismantle my bed so I could remove some of the excessively heavy memory foam from it. So I did it myself, and wounded myself in the process. But it got done, and I feel accomplished for it. Wounded, but accomplished.

I have gone back into non-sleep-mode again, because my brain is on overload and I can't make it shut down enough to rest, and it's making me insane. So instead of sleeping, I keep cleaning. Which is good on the one hand, since with people moving out and moving in simultaneously, the entire apartment is trashed. But on the other hand, I'm exhausted.

I'm actually several steps above exhausted most of the time. Every time I start to catch a nap, I end up jolting awake. Every now and then I drop completely and stay knocked out for several hours, but that's pretty rare. I wish I could figure out a sure-fire way to sleep for an entire night's worth of sleep. I suspect it would be good for me. Alas, I seem to be the screwed on that.

We divided up the DVD collection a couple of days ago, and the TV series discs this afternoon. It went pretty smoothly, all things considered, when you figure the sheer amount of films we had. I ended up with a binder of movies, a binder of TV series shows, and a binder that has music CDs and miscellaneous computer stuff in it.

I'll be babysitting all day tomorrow, because my roommate's daughter doesn't have school, I gather it's some sort of teacher inservice day, and the way daycare works is that you have to sign her up for it like a month in advance, and she was supposed to have a sitter lined up...except she dumped her boyfriend, and he was the sitter. Oops. No biggie, except that I'm trying to figure out what to do with the munchkin for the day tomorrow. Probably going to be a disney movie-fest for the win. Easiest that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun babysitting. Disney movies always keep them quiet and the whole house relaxed. Don't u love that? I just recently got Jungle book for my little tyke and she loves it. Sara in AZ