Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

That would be three cheers for my dear friend Melissa Gartenlaub, who called me earlier this evening to pass on some wonderful news. She is the mother of three gorgeous children, and called to let me know that her complete assface of an ex-husband wants to give up his parental rights, so that her new husband (who is awesome, btw) can adopt the kids. Hip hip hooray!!! Basically, assface just doesn't want to have to pay child support in any way/shape/form, and wants to know what he can do to get out of it. Hence, the adoption of the kids to the good guy. YAY!!!

Did you notice I'm excited for her? Because I am. Totally. That news actually improved what's been quite a shitty week for me.

In other news. Microsoft basically sucks major nuts. Evidentally, in spite of the fact that they *knew in advance* that our Xbox 360 had been opened in the attempt of repairing it ourselves, since they'd mistakenly informed us that it was out of warranty, they've decided that they refuse to have anything to do with repairing the unit. Because it's been tampered with. It's still in warranty, but the warranty has been voided due to tampering. And on and on and on. Danny spent like a half hour on the phone with a tech rep who you could just tell was thoroughly stumped about how completely screwed up the whole ordeal has been. So it looks like I'll be playing my PS2 for a while. Which is fine, since there are games I can play on the PS2 that I like, and it should be fine. But Microsoft has once again proven exactly how bad they suck. We're supposed to call back in 3 days to find out if they've resolved *their* problems, and tracked down what happened. Joy.

OK. Money problems suck, check. People who used to be my friends suck, check. My parents are bonkers, check. Well, to be fair, my parents are only bonkers because they're crazy enough to be trying to move about an hour from where they are, and get married, in the same ten-day time-span. Which by my reckoning makes them freaking crazy. We're still supposed to be going up there for the wedding, but we definitely won't be staying at the house. They've already got a complete houseful. It's a hotel for us. Whee.


Gas is ridiculous right now. It's over 3.50 a gallon, and that's for the cheap stuff. So I basically am staying completely put at home, because I'm not willing to pay to drive around. I love my car, but it's a complete gas-hog. The Saturn gets great mileage, but since we don't have a lot of money, I don't really want to randomly drive around in that either. But the not-driving thing might actually accomplish us being able to pay down some on our gas credit card. That'd be nice.

I hung curtains today, in my apartment. All by myself. Well, they're sort of pretend curtains, but they're doing what I needed accomplished, and I climbed up and down on a footstool to accomplish it, so I'm kind of proud. My balance is very wonky, so I was proud that I managed to get off and on the stool without falling or getting hurt or anything stupid like that.

I used to have a program called DietPower that tracked all my eatings habits and exercise and whatnot, but it was a strictly PC based program, and it's sorely out of date and wouldn't run on my Mac anyhow. I liked using it though, because it made it a lot easier for me to keep track of things. And while I was reading through a website on Fibromyalgia and weight loss today, I stumbled across a website called FitDay. What they do is essentially what my DietPower program did. But it's web-based and free. So I signed up, and will be keeping track of things for myself on there. I haven't decided yet whether or not I want to link my account there to this account, because I'm not altogether sure I want people knowing my weight and that sort of things on the internet. FitDay has a section for journalling, and I suspect that I'll be able to journal about my weight better on there than I can here as a general thing.

My cat does not like my new curtains, as they prevent him from getting into the windows. I'm not sure how long the curtains will survive, or whether he'll eat them. We shall see. But they're pretty and a dark purple velvet. I like them. (Yes, still proud of my accomplishment).

Ok, as a last thing. Hip hip hooray again for Melissa and her family, because that really did lift my spirits today, and I needed it.

See everybody later.

No comments: