Friday, December 19, 2008

TV and movies give a distorted view of reality, damnit!

Yes, yes, they do! Stupid TV. Where, under the seven suns, do real people only have one half-full basket of laundry, at the end of the week? Hmmm? Because that's how it's portrayed on the freaking television shows. I know, I watched Friends!

So I'm in the process of doing laundry. And even though it's now just me doing laundry, so I can't really complain as much as I used to, because the sheer volume really has gone down considerably, there is by *no* means, a cute little half-full basket of laundry.

And I actually don't do the "change clothes twice a day because I work a full-time job, and then go home, and want to wear a different set of clothes to lounge around the house" thing. So, I ask my dear readers, where does this mock portrayal of the half-full basket of dirty clothes originate from?

These busy television people are certainly not running to the laundromat every day, to wash their dirty linens. So how do they pull this fantastical feat off?

Because, man, looking at my piles of freaking clothes, I want some of those ninja skills.

No comments: