Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas, Christmas time is here...

Yeah, Merry Christmas. Holidays are officially over today, thanks be to whatever deity you want to pray to.

So, I ate stuffed manicotti, and it was tasty. Put together a chicken casserole that I'll be baking up later this afternoon, when I wake up, which pleases me, and am giving some consideration to actually making a loaf of bread by hand, because I'm that desperate for actual bread instead of the store-bought fluff I've been forced to eat since I've been without a bread machine. Fortunately, this peasant will have a new machine next week, which will make me a happy bird indeed. I've gotten spoiled on having fresh bread at my fingertips, and have missed it badly.

I have *most* of my books ready to roll for January, with the exception of two, and I'll be picking those up next week as well, when I go to sell back my others. Grades are officially up and posted, and I did indeed pull down outstanding grades across the board. Please, hold your applause for the appropriate time, I can only handle so many accolades :P

Yes, I'm a smartass, sorry about that. But yeah, I'm kind of proud of how well I did, for the first semester of college. I was very scared, and I've proven to myself now, that I can do it, even when I'm terrified. Now it's simply a matter of decided what "it" is, that I want to be when I grow up.

I have some serious thoughts in mind, which I'll be discussing at length with my counselor, because now that I have actually proven it, I need to figure out where I want to go from here. (Cue theme song for...not sure what, but I'm sure I'll come up with some sort of conquering hero theme song).

I borrowed the Wii from Danny and Mona for a couple of weeks, and have decided that I most decidedly do enjoy the ever loving hell out of it, and will want to get one for myself. I like the aspect of not sitting on one's ass, while playing. I enjoy Wii Sports, it's great fun. Yay for playing tennis in the living room. w00t.

For the basic updates here: Ezzie and I are doing fine, we're just chillin' for the day. I'll be eating that casserole, and he'll be eating kitty treats, and we'll probably watch a movie, and be slackers together on the couch for the evening. Then I'll probably run Nexus, and get myself a Red Winter Hat, and call it a day. Overall, that's my plan at any rate, to have a nice quiet day. And I'm good with that.

So, Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays to anyone and everyone. Be happy, be healthy, be safe. Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah on the grades. I knew you could do it. -hugs- from all 3 of us and good luck with next semester.