Thursday, July 31, 2008

And in the end

I would like to point out? That the words I was told, and supposed to have been reassured by? Didn't match. Again. And that it's a damned good thing that I went into the entire situation braced with the knowledge that things were going to go the way they did, and that everything would go to hell in a handbasket, and I'd be left standing alone, as I generally am.

Fortunately, I don't *need* to have someone standing by my side, holding my hand. I'm self-sufficient, and can stand on my own. I don't require a man to hold me up, and take care of me. I'm not looking to be somebody's precious little princess, and be coddled and babied and worshiped or whatever.

I've actually pondered that quite a lot lately. There's always some kind of reason, right? Those little precious princesses have it down pat, in a way I both don't, and have no interest in. They do whatever they like, with no repercussions, it must be rather nice. But I don't think I want to live that way. I take responsibility for my actions, and I'm okay with that.

But on the other hand, and at the same time, what puzzles me, is how the idiot men, all of them, seem to think that those same women who are such manipulators and know how to put on the precious princess routines? They need to be "protected", and not have to face the realities of life. How they're just not strong enough to deal with most things. Or so all these men seem to believe.

The little princesses are in danger of imminent collapse at the first sign of stress, or conflict. And yet, most of the time, they'll initiate the conflict, and instigate the stress. And then run for cover, "oh, protect me!"

And the funny part? I guess it works. I'd take lessons, but I don't look playing the bullshit female games, because I find them petty and stupid. I just don't understand how men can be so fucking blind all the time.

How can *anyone* love someone who is willing to lie and cheat and manipulate, and do such underhanded bullshit things? Over and over? And why the hell would anyone want that kind of person? And no, for a change this one isn't a direct attack. I can think of several such people. And they're all women. And the men I know continue to want those types of women, and want to protect them, because they're so fragile, and need to be taken care of, and coddled, blah blah blah. It's just such bullshit. Why can't men see what's right in front of their faces?

Yes, I occasionally want to be held, and cared for, and taken care of. But not with money, not with "things", not babied to the point of not having to face reality. I don't want to be protected from what's going on in the real world. And every man in my life wouldn't hesitate for a moment before telling me the absolute truth about what's going on in his life, because I'm strong enough to handle it, and they know it. Yes, sometimes I'd like to not have to deal with quite so much, but not for a second would I trade it in for being wrapped in cotton wool, and not knowing anything, because god forbid I be treated like a real person, and be able to handle anything.

But for fuck's sake! These women aren't porcelain! They're able to manipulate you men into doing anything they want, and they do it with skill and ease that's frightening. And you never even notice it. They'll go behind your back, and cuckold you completely, and feed you a bullshit story that isn't even vaguely believable, and you buy it, because they're so delicate and fragile that they'd never *do* something that deceitful? Who the fuck are you kidding?

What makes men that blind? By the time any of those men finally believe that their precious princesses would have screwed them over, they're completely and totally fucked, and I'm usually the one left helping pick up the pieces, shaking my head and saying "I think I tried to warn you, oh (insert time frame here)", and nobody appreciate the I told you so.

But come on. It's happened over and over, it's a pattern, and no one can see it? Because, what? Those women are going to change? Just for you? Because you "love" them? And your "love" is stronger than the last man's "love"? Get real. They aren't going to change. It's not going to be a miracle, and everything isn't going to work out swimmingly, and be a happily-ever-after for you, just because she says it is. You're just the next in a line of chumps.

Wake up, and smell the nice, hot coffee, gentlemen.

And I hope that it's worth it. I'm tired of picking up pieces for men who are intentionally blind, and who expect me to help hold them together later. And I'm not some kind of consolation prize, either, to help them lick their wounds.

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

I'm glad and found this post and read it. I can see a lot of what you say. Just as an exchange of views: when I was single, I could have said some very similar things about women! They seem to be attracted to 'bad boys' who will use them and then let them down. Someone a bit straight, like I am (and was, when under 30) gets treated as dull. The wild ones draw the women, who then get hurt and vent angrily at those men who will listen to them, instead of laughing in their faces or saying 'What's your problem, I gave you a one-night stand didn't I?" What a world! Do humans have this self-destruct impulse?