Friday, July 11, 2008

Dear Phillip

I'm so sorry. I am so incredibly sorry, and no amount of words will express that. My deepest sympathy to your mother, and I feel the loss, because I can't imagine how much pain she must be in, and if there was anything I could do to lessen it, I would.

For all of the bullshit of the last couple of months, and all of the anger that I've been spewing, and all the vitriol, it just all melted away. In the face of the pain your mother must be feeling right now, and that scale of loss? Mine faded, and all I could do was sit, and be humbled.

And I hope that you'll be there for her, and that you'll have enough strength to hold everything together, and that you'll remember that at the end of the day, you're loved and cared for, and that I know that you'll be what you've always been for her, a tower of strength when she needs you.

And that's wonderful. Be well, Phillip, and take good care of her, in this time, when she needs you most.

Love, Crystal

No comments: