Friday, July 25, 2008

the forest for the trees

He can't see the forest for the trees
From where I stand
It seems clear to me
How do you help a friend
Who's making a mistake?
How do you tell him?
What words can you say?
He doesn't even know it
If he's not careful
He may blow it
How do you help a friend?



So I've got this stupid song running through my head. Well that one (btw, I have no idea who sings it, it's from a show I watched as a child, called Kids Inc, and they never said who the song was by, or what it was actually called, and I've searched for it before), and I have another one also doing a repetitive dance in my head. It's the Willy Wonka song:

I want a ball
I want a party
Pink macaroons and a million balloons
And performing baboons and ...
Give it to me
Now!

I want the world
I want the whole world
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
It's my bar of chocolate
Give it to me
Now!

I want today
I want tomorrow
I want to wear 'em like braids in my hair
And I don't want to share 'em

I want a party with room fulls of laughter
Ten thousand tons of ice cream
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm going to scream!

I want the works
I want the whole works
Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises
Of all shapes and sizes
And now
Don't care how
I want it now
Don't care how
I want it now

So how's that for an interesting mix of songs to be playing on repeat in my head? One is a sad morose mopey song, and the other is the I want it now song from Willy Wonka? My emotional basket-case-ness rides again!

So I got what I needed from financial aid at FCC, and it looks like I'm going to be just fine. Finally? I almost don't know what to do now. Now I just...wait? For school to start. I got an email back from one of my professors, telling me to be patient, as the class information isn't yet up on the blackboard site yet, and so he hasn't yet got the information to send me. But he was happy to hear from an eager student. And I guess now I'm just waiting, so I can order books, and find out what to do. Can't wait to start putting things in order, and go-go-going!

Will be spending the day Sunday organizing things around here, which should be nice. My new bedding and whatnot arrived yesterday, and I'm rather pleased. I need to get some curtain rods, though. Was very pleased, overall, though.

I need to take the Tbird in for a tune-up soon, and I need to call my doctor, and set up an appointment, since I missed my last one. I suck, but I wasn't up to it. I haven't been up to a lot of things lately. But I need to get it done. No good excuse now. And I have *got* to get some sleep now, especially since I now have new bedding, and should be able to start sleeping in my own bed again now. That will be nice. I kind of missed it.

Ezzie's being kind of kitty-douchebag. I think he has furball PMS. No idea what his problem is lately, but he needs to knock it off. He ate yet another cell phone charger, finally went and bought another one. Gave him the one he ate, and that seems to be making him happy. The guys at the store took pity on me and gave me a discount, since this is the third charger in six months. It's a good thing I love this cat so much, or he'd be a dead kitty. At least he's cute, right? And keeps me company.

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

I found your blog when I was looking for people who like reading fantasy. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like a visit. But I was wondering, may I suggest a book to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an action adventure fantasy which I wrote out of concern for the homeless children of the world. There are sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au if you want to preview it. I would love it if you read the book and enjoyed it, but in any event, best wishes.