Thursday, September 20, 2007

Skip this entry if you don't want to read my whining:

I'm cold, I'm tired, and I'm grouchy. And I still as of this moment, have no working internets. Doctor's appointment in t-minus three hours or so. I don't feel so great, either, just to add to the fun. I suppose it's mostly just nerves and crankiness, but I feel like shit. I need to take the thunderbird in and get gas, and get it washed. I should pick up a car cover today too, while we're out and about. I keep meaning to do that, and never quite get around to it. I wonder if they sell that kind of thing at Target, since that's primarily where I'll be after I go to the doctor? I suppose I should look.

My poor car spends most of it's time just sitting and I'm tired of watching the poor thing always be covered in dust, so I want to get it a car cover. Ergo, the trying to locate one. Which I never remember to do until it's dusty again. I suck. And I need to look for a few decent books for Jami to take to Richard for him to read, because I said I'd keep an eye out. And return my library books. And get hair clips. Maybe I should make a list? I'm almost too tired to even want to do that. Weird.

Heh. Arriving in my mailbox today *should* be Prince's "Purple Rain"...In HD. Hehehehe. Haven't seen that in years. Whole lot of cheese factor there, but I like the movie, and so that's what we'll be watching tonight most likely. We filled the Netflix queue with a bunch of HD movies and they're set to ship one right after another, and it's a rather random list. I think TMNT is on there somewhere. Transformers should be dropping for release in the next month, but that one we'll buy outright, because, dude, *Transformers*!!!!. Loved that. It was gorgeous. I probably won't spend the money for HD Fantastic Four. I'm not even sure what else is slated to drop for release in the next couple of months. I should probably look into that.

My friend Kat got a job, so we're all proud of her. YAY!! Way to go, Kat! (This being a big deal, because she got injured a year or so ago and had to do *major* physical therapy, they had to replace almost her entire thigh, etc.) And I think she's going to enjoy the fact that she's a real live person again, instead of, as she put it, a leech on society. Now she really does need to update her information, because if she's working, she really can't be a leech on society. People with jobs don't get to refer to themselves that way. Heh. So yeah, three cheers for Kat :)

It seems that summer in the godforsaken valley is finally coming to a close, as I've had windows open and not been running air conditioning for days now. Might even get to wear a sweater soon. There's a storm rolling in, even if it only lasts for a day, the clouds have been here since yesterday. The high yesterday was 69 degrees, and I was thrilled. Begone ye evil one hundred plus degree weather! Begone, I say! Ever day that passes brings me one day closer to the hope of being able to get the hell out of here, and move up towards the Washington/Oregon area. One day...It shall happen one day...

Danny's little sister's best friend (did you like that? I finally got to play the Kevin Bacon six-connect game) will be leaving in a couple of days, heading off to college for the first time. She's heading out to UC Santa Barbara, to major in Psychology. KeddyBear is a really smart woman, with a huge heart who has had a major impact on JB over the last several years, and as I've learned, she is an amazing person. And I've learned this in two ways. The first being watching her influence on JB herself. She's helped JB to become the person she is still becoming, and that's quite impressive on its own. I have to say I'm very pleased with the person that is. And the second is having gotten a chance to talk to Keddy herself. She's incredibly intelligent. Well-spoken, when she chooses to be. Articulate. She has plans and goals, and has given some thought to what she wants and where she's going with her life. And with all of that, she still has taken the time to give support and love to her friends, the ones who are left behind as she leaves to start her new life somewhere else. And it takes a very special kind of person to see that as they go rushing off to a new experience like college. And that impresses me. So, good luck to Keddy as she heads to UCSB, and best wishes and all that, and congratulations. And thanks for what she's done for JB. She'll be well-looked after, until she gets out of school and can stand on her own two feets. You are well-loved Keddy, and you'll be well-missed by the peoples in the the valley.

And now, I've run out of blog-time, as I have to go start my day, so until next time, internets. Or at least until later today, when I shall be in possession of more than another fifteen minutes with which to use my blogspot :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix coming out in HD on Dec 11th!