Sunday, September 23, 2007

Excitement, adventure

And waiting for people to wake up really sucks. Which is currently all I'm doing. I'm sitting here, at four in the morning, waiting for someone else to wake up. So that I can go downtown, and play at the Channel 30 broadcasting station, and look at all the cool stuff. Which is awesome. I didn't think I'd actually get to do it when I asked B if there was a way for me to get to watch him do his job, so imagine my surprise when he said since he's head honcho on the weekend broadcasts, that sure, come on down! WOO HOOOOOOO!

So, it's four in the morning, and I'm waiting for Danny to wake up, so we can go downtown to the station and watch B work. And check out all the cool gizmos that make broadcasting possible. Satellites and sound boards and video boards and cameras oh my!

Yes, I'm a nerd. I am totally cool with my nerd status when it comes to this type of equipment. Besides, I've been waking up at the strangest hours anyhow lately, so at least going and doing something at four a.m. has a more productive end result than blogging for the day.

And my day is going to end up busy as hell. There will be football. There will be cooking. There will be breakfast with friends. There will be laundry. Ick. Driving. Blogging. Well, those are pretty much givens. The fun at the TV station. I am excited. Now if only I could guarantee that Starbucks was open this early in the freaking morning, and I doubt that it is, which is a pain in my arse. Darn. Ah, well. I shall make do...possibly with an Oreo shake from Jack in the Box?

Mmmmm.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks that u have to wait for everyone to wake up. I hate it when I can't sleep. But, it sounds like u probably had a fun and interesting day at the station. Sara =)