Friday, September 21, 2007

Peace and harmony in...

I probably should have gotten around to this earlier, but I was lagging. So much to do, so...well, I'd've said little time, but that was bogus. I was out most of yesterday and when I got home, I ended up watching Prince's "Purple Rain" in HD. Love it. Whee. Comcastic is still sucking nuts, so I still don't have stable internets, so bear with me peoples.

Updates from the doctors: my brain is ticking along just fine. I sent out a mass text to everybody who was in my cell when I came out of the office yesterday. Note to everybody: If you didn't get that text, it means I don't have your cell phone numbers, and you need to contact me and give them to me. I really did mass send that message. The gist of it was this: Seizures are going to stop. EEG results are in, and the cause *is* that the scarring from my resection is the only cause. The meds are working and should continue to do so, and I'll be a real person! He told me to come back in six months and tell him how I'm feeling. I can't even remember the last time a freaking doctor told me that.

I'm still freezing cold, because my body temperature's still having issues stabilizing. My wonder anti-seizure medication can only do so much. And you know what? I'm okay with that. Blankets FTW! Heh. I got to run all over town yesterday wearing a long sleeved shirt. It was awesome. About damned time. Summer-be-gone!

Today will be spent with Kat, for the most part. Danny's back at work for the only day this week. Heh. And then I can play with the wonderful, beautiful camera over the weekend. *SO* looking forward to that. Might even go out in public with it. To the park or wherever. Oh, the pretty pictures, how they speak to me. My pretties. Hehehehe. Yes, I am insane. We knew that.

I am still sort of walking around in a daze about those test results from yesterday. I just can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that it's going to be okay again. Really okay. Thing is, the "miracle pills" do a lot of things. I mean, they can't cook me breakfast...well, they don't really need to. But they're a mood stabilizer, which makes them more effective than the anti-depressants that I was on. I can laugh. I can cry. I can get angry, or sad, or happy...without the extreme roller-coaster I've been going on for the last I-honestly-can't-remember-how-long. And it's a visible difference, personality wise. Everyone who has spent time with me in the last few years, and has spent time with me in the last few *weeks* can visibly see the difference...And that difference is that the underlying misery isn't there. The anger just isn't there. And I like it. I like not hating everything. Had I known that there was a pill for that, I'd've been asking for it years and years ago. I didn't know that normal *was* an option.

I always knew there was something wrong, but I didn't really think it was a chemical something. I just figured it was something fundamentally wrong with me, and I had to deal.

Yay for chemical corrections!

No comments: