Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Nothing else matters....

There's a damned colony of yellow jacket wasps living in the wall of my master bathroom. Wasps are bad, mmmkay? So there will be pest control guys killing them off either tonight or at the ass crack of dawn tomorrow morning. Which is good, because being scared of your bathroom is bad indeed. Not much I can do about it either way, so I'll just be waiting for the end result in the meantime.

Approaching Darkness didn't win the other night, but I'm told they made a lot of new fans, and that's a good thing. And I got out of the house, and I had an incredibly good time, so I was pleased with the overall end result. I hope that they were too.

In other news.

I hear that the so-called Southern Hottie is miserable living in her swamp, and that they trashed out their apartment here in town so badly that they may end up never being able to come back to California, whether they want to or not. Christ alive, how the fuck can *anyone* do somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty four hundred dollars in damage to an apartment, short of literally tearing the walls down? That's a phenomenal amount of damage. Especially when you consider that their apartment was kind of boring and plain to begin with, so there weren't any high-end fancy things to destroy to start off.

Now, I'm not a big fan of Fresno. The weather blows. The town's too small to suit me, personally. I'd kind of like a different kind of climate. There are just things about it I'd like different, and I'd rather live somewhere else. But I absolutely *detest* Florida. By comparison to Florida, Fresno is a freaking paradise. In Florida, there are hurricanes. It's humid. Remember a few days ago, that random freaky thunderstorm? (Apologies to those of you who aren't local reading this and have no clue what I'm talking about.) That truly rotten sticky humidity that came with the random thunderstorm? *MILD* compared to Florida weather. And that humidity is Florida weather from, oh, May until Octoberish. It might've gotten to be longer than that, I haven't actually suffered living in Florida in a very long time.

Where was I? Oh, yes. Southern Hottie in her swamp. So yeah. I never got around to updating the soap opera dramafest that I'd been blogging about a few months ago, about how royally screwed about money I got by an old friend of mine who I'd tried to help out. Well, I did indeed get screwed over on the money aspect of that situation. And you know what? As it turns out, I think I might be ok with that. I lost probably fifteen hundred dollars. She gained a bunch of weight. Lost a bunch of friends. Lost her mind. Lost her self-respect. Lost her home. She lost and gained a husband. She lives in a swamp, in a town the size of a pea pod, because she snuck out of town trying to avoid having to pay me back the money she owed me. The completely amusing part of the entire fucking thing? I never once intended to file that civil suit against her. I was just fucking with her. I knew for two full weeks that they were packing up, selling off the stuff I'd paid for, and heading out for Florida. She was so hyper paranoid that she dug herself into a complete shithole and ran across the country to live in the absolute pit of hell to escape me...and it was a freaking joke. Instead of being an adult and facing up to, well...life. She chose instead to leave behind myriad bills with companies like PG&E which will hunt your ass down indefinitely, get an eviction on her record which will sit there for the next *decade*, thus guaranteeing that she can't rent an apartment or qualify for a mortgage loan on a house for minimum a decade in any state in this country. Instead of simply dealing with me and being a grown-up, she snuck away and hid, and now has trapped herself in a place she hates with no way out. Way to go!

So yeah. In the end? I didn't even have to do anything. I made the online snarky equivalent of "BOO!" and jumping out from behind a fence, and she wrecked her entire life.

So for anyone I'd inadvertently left hanging on the drama-update scenario, there you go. She got screwed, I still have a reasonably nice life, that was the end of that.

2 comments:

Sissa said...

Because I love ya Crys...lol Karmas a bitch eh... but I'm sure you should repent on Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur (not just for Jews anymore) because glorifying in her misery has to be wrong....lol

Anonymous said...

w00t -- left hangin' no more...ahhh. satisfing - like that first stretch in the morning....


--Sam