Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's Charmed, I'm Sure

Danny took and passed with flying colours his CCNA exam this morning. Thanks to everyone who sent good luck to him. I am so very proud of him. *I* knew he could do it..and now he knows that too.

Things are very up in the air right now, and it's making my head spin. I don't know what's going on, exactly, with the house we were going to try to buy. Danny's parents had said they'd help us get it, and then as usual, his Dad pulled the rug out from under us. I'm getting very tired of him doing that. I realize that nobody has an obligation to help us buy a house. But we wouldn't even have been making the attempt had he not offered about twelve thousand dollars so we could try. And now that it's come right down to it, he no longer wants to have to give us the money, which is effectively fucking us over. I'm not sure what is going to happen now.

The simple truth is that we're in debt. We're in a lot of debt. And most of it is your average normal debt for people our age. But some of it isn't. And a healthy chunk of that is because we believed his father on some advice he gave us, and it's effectively screwed us for the next foreseeable decade. Had we been able to buy the house, we could have taken out an equity loan and paid everything off, leaving us with the mortgage payment, and one equity payment, but not this myriad of other things, and certainly no end in sight for dealing with the tax problems.

And so I'm angry. I'm not angry at Danny at all. But I'm thoroughly disgusted with the ease with which his dad is so very willing to screw everybody, apparently including his own son, over. And I just don't know what to do about that.

No comments: