Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yes, Danny, this one *is* to you.

My life does not revolve around her. My thoughts do not revolve around her. What I say, think, do, and feel? Does not revolve around her. I personally simply do not care enough to bother all that often. She can't be bothered to admit that she's a basically selfish person who either enjoys hurting people, or simply lacks tact, and lives in a rose-coloured bubble where the men she surrounds herself with are willing to excuse her so often and with such vehemence that she can get away with walking around wounding others with absolutely no consequences, and I don't have the time or the patience for that kind of drama-filled bullshit in my life. Because I actually *do* have a real life, with real consequences, and there isn't anyone around to catch me when I'm falling, and pick me up and tell me everything is going to be alright.

I don't have an ongoing string of men who will happily run around and do my bidding and smooth a path for me, whether I deserve it or not, and make my life simple, or try to.

And this is where I point a finger, and make a comparison that nobody will like. She and Colleen? I can see why they got along so splendidly. It's very easy to get along when there are men willing to fall all over themselves telling you that you're the most wonderful thing on the planet, and how they love you, and no matter what you do, it's the right thing. Of course you're perfect princess! You couldn't possibly have done something *wrong*! Oh, noes! You've been a colossal jackass? Not you! You can talk your way out of anything, and those men are going to agree with you, because they luvvvvvv you? Yep, I can see how they get along fabulously.

Something about women like them, and the men who fall for them. I'm blunt, I'm honest, and nobody much likes hearing the things I have to say. I'm not sitting around with poor, pitiful me, and telling everyone how much I need them, and how if they're just the center of my world, and they complete me, then everything will be great. I've just never felt that way about anyone before, and they complete me, and everything is wonderful.

No, I don't walk around spouting the roses and sunshine bullshit. Yes, I love people. Yes, I want them in my life. But I'm not willing to sit around and stroke someone's ego and do, well, whatever it is that they do, that I don't, to get what I want. That isn't me.

Obviously, I come up short in the being a femme fatale department.

So yes, I put up rants on my blog. No, they aren't always to your perfect precious little princess. And if she doesn't want to get a big broomstick up her ass? She needs to learn a valuable lesson, and show the same courtesy Colleen showed when she took my blog off her reading list, and stop reading this. Otherwise, she needs to suck it up, and deal with what she sees here.

I'm not editing what I say, just to soothe somebody's fragile little ego. She can either learn to deal with reality, or she can avoid seeing my blog. As I recall, she was perfectly willing to shove "reality" in my eleven-year-old daughter's face, without batting an eyelash. And when I protested? I was told that I would have to suck it up, because reality was something we all have to deal with.

No comments: