Tuesday, November 4, 2008

In fits and spurts

I'm sort of running, from the new machine. It may or may not actually continue to work. I'll say this, it's insanely fast. But I have no idea whether or not it's working properly. I'm currently attempting to install Warcraft, for sixth time, having had zero success the first five times.

I *do* have the internet working, obviously. I managed to go the operating system working, got the motherboard drivers installed, albeit with several crashes involved there. I installed drivers for the video card, although I have no idea whether or not they're working properly, since I had video installed before, as I could see the monitor. Everything is very *small* now. Much higher resolution than I'm accustomed to. Makes my monitor seem much bigger. Very peculiar.

Very nice man named Richard spent a couple hours here fixing some plumbing stuff in my apartment, he's a musician from Los Angeles, moved back here to take care of his parents. Runs his father's business. About six years older than I am. I helped him figure out how to find musicians on the internet, as he didn't realize that's how you meet local musicians now, and he said he'll be back around tomorrow. Hehe. Incidentally, he's finished working on my apartment. LOL.

Yes, I voted. Blizzard is slow for downloading. Sigh. I got a lot of homework done today, while I was sitting at Jo's, waiting for new shoes to be put on the Thunderbird. Turns out the tires were pretty well shot to hell, and it's just as well I picked up a nail, or that could have been very bad. Three of them were so far shot that they could have blown out at any time. So the bird has new shoes. Poor bird.

This whole month has been really freaking expensive. I may end up going back to work soon, money might end up getting tight if things don't stop being expensive. This is ridiculous. But I couldn't risk having a tire blow with me behind the wheel, I'm not stupid enough to take the chance.

I have a bunch of doc appointments scheduled for the next two weeks, bloodwork and whatnot, regular stuff. Got all my classes for spring semester lined up, slated for Psychology, Health, Intro to linguistics, and Typing. Yes, I know, basic typing is a bonehead course, but hey, everyone needs a little fluff. Still 13 units, thank you very much.

No comments: