Friday, November 21, 2008

Chinese food and rejection

I broke several things today, and ended up ordering in Chinese food, because I couldn't seem to keep a grip on anything long enough to cook dinner. The new place delivers, which is good, because I would not have trusted myself behind the wheel either. It's ironic, because I probably would have been fine, but I wasn't willing to take the chance. So I ordered Chinese. And it was good, but whilst having dinner, and bs'ing on the phone, about half-way through the conversation, I was abruptly told, once again, that I wasn't important, and booted off. Not in quite those words, of course. And while I obligingly hung up, I pointed out that it was rude to abruptly terminate the conversation simply because someone else was bored, and wanted to chat, even though we were already in the middle of a discussion. I'm so tired of that crap. Shit like that makes me not want to continue a friendship, out of sheer frustration. If there's actually something important going on, and you need to take off, and go handle it? Fine, I get it, sometimes things come up that need to be handled. Happens to the best of us. But if it's just "Wah, I'm bored", that's just bullshit. And it keeps happening. And the more it happens, the less inclined I am to pursue a friendship anymore.

No comments: