Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Current reading list, and what I want for my birthday

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
Ethical Slut - Dossie Easton & Janet W Hardy
Opening Up - Tristan Taormino
The Girls Who Went Away - Ann Fessler
Fire Study - Maria Snyder
The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch
Stranger In a Strange Land - Heinlein
The Study of Language - Yule
Witchcraft: A Mystery Tradition - Raven Grimassi
Freedom from the Known - Jiddu Krishnamurti
This Light in Oneself - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Chesapeake Blue - Nora Roberts

I guess you'd have to say my reading tastes are awfully wide and varied these days. Several recommendations from people, and some that I found on my own that looked interesting, and I've been dipping hard into non-fiction recently. Branching back into fiction shortly, as more stuff shows back up.

I know that people ask me routinely what I want for my birthday. And my standard response is "Nothing." This year, that's not the case. I want one thing, and one thing only. I want amazon gift cards. In any denomination, I care not. But I want, specifically, amazon gift cards. That's it, that's the only thing I want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atlas Shrugged FTW!!!!! Iz trinette, btw.

Controversy said...

Heh, thanks to Dustin, who so graciously loaned me his copy. I'm reading it for application for a scholarship I'll be submitting before September :)