Monday, December 3, 2007

Nevada

So I'm thinking about it. Nevada. There really isn't anything holding me in Fresno anymore. For a long time, Danny held me here, because his job is here. So I'm thinking about Nevada now, because the reasons I had before are no longer valid. I won't be going in a hurry, because such things take time, and it's somewhat complicated, the uprooting of a life and moving out of state, and I've been here a long time now. But I suspect that it will happen. My daughter is there, and my parents. Family. And the things that are still here, the things I love that are still here in Fresno...well, I can't stay here for them. I just can't.

The truth is that I hate this stupid town. I've hated it a long time. I've wanted to leave for so long that it's just become a constant ache that I ignore now. And there honestly isn't a good reason anymore to stay.

It's time, now, to start the process of putting things into motion. A slow process, to be sure. But a process nonetheless. I wish I could take the people I love with me, but that won't be possible.

No comments: