Friday, December 7, 2007

Circles

Maybe I'm simply destined to have this ache forever. Perhaps I should just learn to live with it, and move from there. I want to hold you. I want to make everything all right for you, and make the pain stop. Because I know that I can. Because I know that you can be happy.

I want to understand you. I want to be a part of you, the way that you're a part of me. And I don't believe that she's going to make you happy. But I'll step back, and step away, and wait. I'll even attempt to keep my comments to myself, because it isn't fair to you to keep running my mouth. This isn't high school, and we're all adults. And you've made your choice.

And I'll be all right. As long as you can maintain without the weirdness, I can keep the facade in place. And that's what I need from you, right now. I need to maintain. Without that, I'll bolt, because I don't know what else to do. And I don't want to do that. I have to trust what you're telling me, because I can't do anything else. But I am extremely skittish about trusting anyone at their word.

You haven't lied to me. I respect that. Even while it's hurting me, you haven't lied. Please honor that request I made, and I should be okay.

I hope.

No comments: