Friday, October 31, 2008

What I want

More than anything? Is to have enough money to get a plane ticket, to fly to Montana next October, from the 8th until the 11th. Camp Make-A-Dream 14th Annual Women's Cancer Retreat (October 8-11, 2009)

The Women's Cancer Retreat is offered to women who have been diagnosed with any form of cancer and is not diagnosis specific. We can accommodate up to 65 women at each retreat on a first come, first serve basis.

Registration fee for the four-day retreat is $150.00.

* Women who are currently undergoing cancer treatment are welcome
* Medical staff available during the retreat.

To get on the mailing list for this retreat, please contact Jennifer Benton at : jennifer@campdream.org or call (406)549-5987. Registration forms will be available in the spring and posted to this website as well.

Transportation to Montana for these retreats is not included in the registration fee; however, if you are flying into Missoula, Montana, we will pick you up at the Missoula airport and transport you to and from the camp facility in Gold Creek (which is approximately 65 miles east of Missoula).

That's what I want. I want to be able to go, and for four days, spend my time on 85 acres in Montana, with a place full of women like me. Who would understand what it's like to be me, every single day. Survivors, who went through things like I went through, and are still here. I want to be able to afford to fly into Missoula, Montana, and stay at a ranch for four days, and then come back to my life.

Maybe it's stupid, and petty, and pathetic. Making dumb little art projects, and talking with people I don't know, and doing little junior high campfires, or whatever it is you do. But people have been asking me what I want, or why I'm sad, or what's going on. Well, that's what I want. I want to go to a place, where everyone will understand what's going on inside of me. Where I don't need to try and explain it, or put on some sort of happy face for them. Because they'll just *know*.

And I probably won't be able to manage it. But, hey, maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to manage it, and then I'll go. The camp isn't going anyplace. Perhaps I'll see if they need a volunteer for the junior camp, as a counselor or something, and be able to go that way, over the summer. Who knows.

I'm going to bed now. It's raining, and I can sleep, listening to the rain.

No comments: