Thursday, October 16, 2008

The hits just keep coming...

First was Trinette's grandfather. Then it was my aunt, Amy. Last night was Stewie's grandfather. That's three. It goes in threes, correct? Mercury moved out of retrograde on the 15th, and things are supposed to settle back down now, and all I can do is hope that will actually be correct, and for the sake of the people I care about, things are going to go right-side-up again now.

My grandfather and my (only now) aunt, came down today, to clear out his apartment, and discovered that it had actually been completely ransacked, someone had gone through all of Amy's things, looking for Gods only know what. Nothing of Grandpa's stuff was missing, but it still seems eerie, like grave-robbing almost. I know more or less what they were looking for, but it still kind of creeps me out. I'm glad now that I wasn't willing to leave him there. I cringe to think of what might have happened to my elderly grandfather there alone, with who-only-knows what types of people wanting entrance to go through Amy's effects, and I know he wouldn't have allowed it.

I'm more or less caught up on my schoolwork. I have one more assignment that's due Saturday, and I'll do it tomorrow night. Tomorrow is grocery shopping with Brody day, so I'll be doing that for at least a little while. I need to do a couple of other errands, and I have a colossal fuck-ton of laundry I have to run.

I think I'm going to try my hand at making pork fried rice in my new wok, now that I finally have one again. Grandma Kitty gave it to me, since she doesn't have a use for it, and she knew I was thinking about getting one for Christmas. Or Hanukkah. Or Yule. Or whatever. End result being that I now have one, and I'm thinking about attempting to make pork fried rice, since I have some leftover pork that would I can make into it, and I'm rambling again.

I have a rather long list of household chores I want to do tomorrow as well, once I'm done with the errands, and that should soothe me somewhat, whilst I chat with Jeremiah if he'll put up with my housekeeping, instead of WoW'ing with him. I don't think he'll mind overmuch. He doesn't seem to mind me wandering about doing other things while we chat. It's a good thing that cell minutes are free, or talking to him would be costing me a fortune. It's almost ridiculous how much time I'm spending on the phone.

My hair has gotten long again now. I can almost see me again, when I look at me now. Someday, I might actually open the doors, and let someone in again. Someday.

No comments: