Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wow, for my amusement

So I was surfing around on MySpace, looking at various friends pages, and the tagline on one of them was this "I know your dirty little secret, and I'm laughing about it!". And my god, how funny that strikes me. That just amused me to absolutely no end. In part, because the picture accompanying that caption made her look kind of like a leprechaun, and also because it's so very true.

I know damned near everybody's dirty little secrets. For one reason or another, everybody talks to me. So I know all the secrets. And yes, if you're reading this and thinking to yourself, "No, you don't!", yes, I probably do. People around here have exceptionally big mouths. This town is a horrible place to keep secrets. Six degrees of separation, or the Kevin Bacon game? That stupid telephone game from when we were younger? I swear all of those originated in Fresno. And by the time you manage to trace whatever the rumor or secret or what-have-you back to the original source, gods only know what massacre of blasphemy you'll have heard. Truth is a much better route to take.

As a general rule, it's why I don't bother with secrets. Lies are too complicated and hard to keep straight. And people have way too much fun talking about me in the first place, so there's not really any point for me to try and bother with bullshit. I keep to myself, for the most part, which narrows the playing field considerably, and for the rest? I just ignore it.

I feel horrible for the people who aren't as lucky as I am in that regard.

But back to my original thought. Where was I? Oh, yes. That's right. Dirty little secrets. I read that tag line, and just laughed and laughed. Because it was so very true, and so humorous all at once. "I know your dirty little secret, and I'm laughing about it!". And I do. And I am.

Yay!

No comments: