Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yeah, Chocolate-Bunny-Eating commencing and whatnot

Well, not for me. I'm actually thinking about going and attempting *emphasis on the attempt* to make sugar cookies. Or possibly chocolate chip cookies. If I ever actually haul my ass out of bed. And yes, I'm aware it's the middle of the afternoon. Leave me alone about it. At any rate. Happy Easter to those of you poor miscreants that aren't heathens, who went and did the the Christian and godly thing today, and searched for Easter eggs, and celebrated Jesus and all that is good and holy and then consumed the sacred Easter Eggs. Or something :P

Hehehe. Me, I might make deviled eggs, and eat those. Theoretically, I should find something productive to go and do, but this has been so reasonably pleasant, that I'm not sure I want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blatantly stolen from CLAW at PA Notes...

I made up my mind a long time ago: The Easter Bunny is my Lord and Savior.

No offense to Jesus. He’s cool and you have to give him his props for turning water into wine, walking on water, healing lepers and all that cool shit, but Jesus hasn’t worked a miracle in a couple thousand years. Yeah, every once in a while his face will appear in a bowl of oatmeal but that’s a parlor trick compared to what the Easter Bunny does every single year.

I worship the Easter Bunny because he loves me. This I know. The Easter Basket tells me so. Jesus doesn’t reward me for good behavior every spring. Jesus is holding out until after I die. That sounds like a sucker’s bet right there. Jesus supposedly died for my sins, but I’m still expected to behave myself or else I’ll go to hell and burn forever. That’s harsh.

The Easter Bunny isn’t so demanding. If I really fuck up he might pass on dropping off a basket but so far that hasn’t happened. The Easter Bunny is truly forgiving.

Even so, I fear the Bunny. How could you not? He’s fucking huge and he’s got outrageous powers. There are nearly 7 billlion people in the world and the Easter Bunny is able to sort through them and reward the 250 million of us who truly deserve. That’s big magic. If he decided to invoke his wrath we’d be screwed.

Jesus is also kind of rude. I can’t get past the whole “body of Christ” thing when you take communion. Communions are creepy even without the act of noshing on the Messiah with all the murmuring and whatnot. The way I see it, Jesus got ticked off at Peter, told him “eat me!” and the whole thing got twisted into this unsettling affair where we infect ourselves with Jesus. Sick.

The Easter Bunny never told anybody to eat him, even though we all know that bunnies taste a hell of a lot better than some scraggly, sandal-wearing hippie. Instead of being creepy, the Bunny provides us with delicious chocolate effigies that don’t symbolize the fact that we are munching on his immortal flesh, but rather serve to remind us that he loves us and wants us to be happy.

Obviously there is going to be an epic battle between Jesus and the Easter Bunny and I don’t want to get on the wrong side of that one. I’ve seen enough late night movies to know that giant rodents can kick some ass and I don’t think Jesus has got enough fight in him to fend off a pissed off Easter Bunny.