Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So if someone told me, that age thirty-one, I'd be spending my days diagramming sentences, and struggling to figure out where my conjunctions and personal pronouns and adjectives and which order I put them in, and what article/determiner was the correct one? I would have probably laughed in their faces. Unfortunately, that is precisely what I've been doing for most of the afternoon today, and a lot of this last week. It isn't that I don't understand it. It's more that I'm never certain whether what I'm writing down, and what's inside my head are corresponding. It's a major pain in the ass, let me tell you.

Syntax and grammar in Linguistics is a: exacting, and b: more difficult than I would ever have expected. Satisfying when I actually grasp it though.

No comments: