Thursday, July 16, 2009

automobile problems and birthdays

And don't they suck? So I went to go out and get gas yesterday, with the small Monkey, and found that the front tire on the car had a nail in it. Completely flat. After I got that repaired (and I'm really freaking glad that I got the warranty on the tires six months ago when I shelled out in the first place with money I didn't technically have, to put them on there), so at least it's fixed. And then forty-five minutes later, my a/c went from blowing ice cold, to blowing hot. The shocks and struts are completely shot, and have been, and the suspension and tie rods, and ball joints on the back end are just barely holding it all together. All together? I'm looking at ballpark two thousand dollars worth of repairs to get it completely fixed. I've spent the last few months holding my breath, because I've been so broke, and every time I get into the car, I cringe, because I know that I need everything to be alright.

Having the air conditioning go wouldn't be nearly as much of a pain in the ass if it wasn't for that stupid little glitch of mine, where I don't feel the heat, and I don't sweat. The trouble isn't that I have no air conditioning. It's that if my car is 120 degrees, I won't notice. And then there's heatstroke, and badness, and much danger ensues. And I hate that.

I am so eternally sick of being broke. And none of this even would be happening in the damn first place if I hadn't been stupid, and helped somebody else out. I wouldn't have let the car fall into disrepair, because I wouldn't have been broke. I would have been making the basic repairs. Which would have included getting the a/c service at the beginning of the summer, the way I normally do. And I *hate* that. And it makes me angry at myself.

Something about not letting good deeds go unpunished. And I'm going to end up pulling my 'friend' down from my page, because watching all the good times she keeps having, and not saying anything is irritating the shit out of me, because the convenient way of her not remembering that I'm *still* owed for me bailing her out, grates more and more with each passing day in my world.

Mm, and my birthday's this weekend, for the masses who haven't been keeping track. I'll be older, again :P Not too concerned about it, but hey, give me presents or e-cards. I'm not planning anything particularly interesting, but someone is making me a birthday cake, and happy baked goods, and I'll get snuggles and probably watch movies, etc. I should have a good birthday, unless something goes seriously awry.

Now, having just said that, I should probably brace for the worst :P

2 comments:

We in WA said...

Sorry for the car problems. No A/C in Fresno is never a good thing.

As for the birthday thing...

Happy birthday to you....
Happy birthday to you....
Happy birthday Miss Crys....
Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Another year older, another year wiser. May this year bring you the happiness you've been seeking.