Thursday, May 7, 2009

*circles*

So I have an interview scheduled for Monday at 9, to finish up the things I've got lined up about this job thing. And my finals are all taking place over the next two weeks, which is all just a nice little bow-wrapped kind of circular thing.

I rather like when things go this way, in a nice coordinated fashion. I've been working towards this, and it's nice to see it pay off. If I can get it lined up correctly, I might actually have my summer go the way I'd like it to, and end up enjoying things even more than I'd originally planned, and I had intended to enjoy it thoroughly indeed.

As an aside having nothing to do with work or school:

Wolverine was really good, as I enjoy the X-men to begin with, and will be adding that to my collection. Am looking forward to what I expect to be Gambit as the follow-up sequel.

Am looking forward to going and seeing the new Star Trek film next week, and so that's on tap for fun times :P

There's a Pyrate Faire rolling into town shortly, and am considering going out to that, as it sounds like it'd be a good time.

Brody kicked down with the new pattern for some stuff I want to start sewing, so that'll be a project for a while, to start working with the fabric I have, and will keep me enmeshed for a bit, though I'm going to need her to help with the actual mock-ups for some of it, to help fit it on as custom work doesn't work nearly as well when alone. I thought I might make a couple of skirts while I'm at it, and am even debating making the entire outfit, completely with the lounge pants, so we'll see.

I've been absolutely tearing through books, thanks to the ever-so-helpful recommendations from D, who definitely has some good taste in literature, I'll give him that. Going to need more suggestions soon though, as I'm fast reaching the end of my stockpile, and that just won't do. *rubs hands together* But he has rooms full of such delights, which is always good.

And...I think I might need to purchase a hat.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Very glad to read that things are going swimmingly on your end. If anyone deserves it, it's you. Best of luck on your finals, but I'm sure that they'll be fine.

We loves ya!