Saturday, November 3, 2007

I don't need anything

Or anyone...Wouldn't that be nice? Meh, not true though. I need people sometimes. Everyone does. I don't need many people very often. And even then, I don't like admitting it aloud. I'm just feeling a little off today, and so I'm blogging while I sit in quiet contemplation in my room. The radio is playing in the living room, and I can barely hear it, so it's mostly just background noise. Ezzie is sitting in my windowsill and keeping me company. I love my kitty.

I can't just talk. I can't just sit down and face to face talk to people. I'm not good at that. I want to be. I simply lack those skills. Even with practice, I'm not sure that I'll ever be good at that sort of thing. I was once. I had interpersonal skills, and could easily talk for hours in a one-on-one situation. I lost those skills at some point, and now I'm better off with a computer keyboard. I do better with a screen between myself and others.

This is random, and I apologize to anyone who is reading it and is getting confused here. Just gonna have to bear with me and my confused ramblings.

Catch everybody later.

1 comment:

CARLA GOODLOE said...

I hear ya! I have the same face to face problems. Drives my husband crazy. But I've always been better at writing things down than talking even as a kid. Used to write my best friend every week at least, but get her on the phone and silence.

You are not alone in this.

D'von