Sunday, November 25, 2007

Easy Sunday Morning

I started this a post with this title over a week ago, and never finished it. I got sidetracked, and then couldn't get my words to line up in the correct order to suit me, so I just never finished the original thought.

My words are still not entirely cooperating with me. But I figure I might as well make the attempt. And since it's once again Sunday morning, here I am again. It's the wee hours of Sunday, to be sure, but Sunday it most certainly is.

So what's an easy Sunday morning? It's lying in bed, watching a movie with someone you love. Doing the Sunday crossword if you happen to be into that type of thing. Cooking breakfast, or eating bagels. Drinking coffee. Cuddling with the one you care about, or just sitting and reading books together. Playing a video game.

Spending time together, doing whatever makes you happy. Being happy. Easy Sunday morning.

Right now, for me? It means sitting here, with a computer on my lap blogging, watching somebody sleep, because it makes me happy.

It's something different for everyone, I'm sure. And that's okay, because nothing is ever the same for every person. And that's how it should be. We're all different, and our differences make us who we are.

So go out, have your Sunday mornings, and enjoy them. Take time to look around you, and savor the small things. A cup of coffee. Hug somebody you love. Tell a small one that they're important. Play a board game. Spend fifteen minutes coloring in a coloring book with your kids. Whatever it is that will make you happy for a small part of the day. That's it.

That's my bit for the day.

No comments: