Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When it rains, it pours, right?

My head is throbbing, so if this isn't as coherent as it might otherwise be, then I do apologize my dear readers, in advance. Right now, my Xbox is currently broken, although as it turns out, it actually is still under warranty (for which I am incredibly grateful since I don't have any available funds with which I would have been able to fix it), so as soon as I figure out a box and padding, I'll be using the pre-paid label to ship it off to be fixed. My television lamp appears to also be going out, and replacing one of those is a couple/three hundred dollars as well, and I don't actually know how to install one of them, although I'm *hoping* it's not overly complicated, providing of course that I can figure out how to get the money to replace it at all if/when it goes out.

Things like this is what caused the 'if it rains, it pours' title of this post. Trying to keep things together around here is kind of like plugging up a series of leaks, and every time I manage to get one fixed, another one seems to spring up somewhere else.

And I'm growing more and more tired, trying to keep all the balls in the air. I honestly am unsure if I can afford to for very much longer, before I simply give up. I realize that giving up isn't really an option, but that's how I feel right now.

I dropped a class at school, because I wouldn't have been able to actually manage the work load, and I wouldn't have been able to do the observation hours that was required, in an on campus/daycare setting. There is too much exposure to germs and whatnot to make that practical, and I was under the impression I was going to be able to get the observational hours with children/teens I knew, through homeschooled children or babies not in a daycare setting, and I found out after the class started that the teacher wasn't willing to allow that, and so I had to drop the course.

The other classes are going well, and I enjoy my philosophy class, even though it makes my head spins sometimes, because I have a bit of trouble with the there-and-back-and-forth concepts that philosophy involves.

Abnormal Psychology is, predictably, a blast, the actual reading and work to understand it involved.

And the other class is my English Lit class, which is based on J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy, and studying the books themselves is also a lot of fun. A teacher who has studied this so in-depth is really interesting.

My doctors are playing musical medications with me as guinea-pig again, which is making my head ache, and my body pretty much hate me, but that's not really anything new, so I won't bother to detail any of that out, aside from noting that I have to go in for an EEG sometime this month. The joy, the rapture, the adventure.

And now, I'm going to go and read for a while, since obviously I won't be watching a lot of movies or television for a while, during the 'attempting to get things funded and fixed' on my electronics front.

Bye, internets.

No comments: