Thursday, January 21, 2010

Human...bed warmers?

So in London, and Manchester, at the Holiday Inn if you're looking to get a good night's sleep, all you need to do is give a ring down to the front desk and let someone know that you want them to fire up ye old bedwarmer - that is, you want to have a human crawl into the bed and curl up so that the bed can be toasty when you crawl in.

Not to knock the Brit's newest, uh, invention? But I'm not sure that I want to have some stranger crawling around in my hotel room bed, and making it warm...wouldn't an electric mattress pad, or a hot water bottle, something a little more sanitary maybe work better? I dunno. But I can't knock their lack of ingenuity.

3 comments:

Paradox said...

I'm British & totally agree. It's foul. Whatever happened to electric blankets?!

Anonymous said...

Who would win in a fight...Lisa Lobe or Natalie Imbroglio?

TurkeyBurgers said...

I knew you had to be very close in age to me after browsing through your entire music library. I am going to put a music player on my page now. Thanks for the idea.