Wednesday, October 7, 2009

On posting by "Invitation Only" blogspots

As someone who is a long-time poster here on Blogspot, and who has a fairly healthy following, and who pisses a *lot* of people off with my writing, and by my mere fact of being alive and breathing a good portion of the time, I'm going to sit and write this evening about 'Invitation Only' blogging.

For those who are joining us for the first time this evening, I don't pull punches on my blog here. I write about a whole variety of things, and I've actually covered topics that range from my how it feels to be a brain cancer survivor, to sociopaths, to how it feels to be an overweight woman in a thin society, and everything in between.

This place truly spans all things, depending on my mood. I locked it down, one time, due to a legal issue at the request of the local police department, and that only lasted about a week before I decided that I wasn't willing to be silenced by the idea of petty threats, when *someone else* was threatening me. I'm a firm believer in the right to free speech, and I admit that I say some completely snotty things on here from time to time.

This is my venting spot, and the place I feel free to express anything I damned well choose. But I have that freedom, and I find it somewhat sad, to see "Invitation Only" blogs, when they were once public.

I truly don't have a problem when someone starts a private blog, and it has always *been* a private blog. That makes perfect sense to me, as I have one of those myself. But when someone switches from one medium to the other, it shows that they're in some fashion ashamed of what they're writing, or that they fear what others think of them, and I find that sad.

Everyone who has enough confidence to post to the internet, and write things here, especially if they were already known and public, should have enough confidence in themselves to *continue* to be known as that public figure. Going into hiding because you're ashamed, or because you feel a need to hide something you're saying shows that you have two faces, and I find that to be pathetic.

Because I do write so publicly, and so many people see what I have to say, I have no respect for others who don't show the same honorable attitude I display.

I might be a complete bitch, but I'm honest about it. Everything I have to say about someone, is right there in front of them, displayed on these pages. There's no secret handshake that is necessary to access my words.

There is no "Invitation Only" here.

No comments: