Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I will master you

Which refers, of course, to my learning to master the new doohickies of this blogspot. I *will* conquer it. Eventually. Because I need pictures and doodads and happy things for my blogspot and my profile on my blogspot. Because I am a nerd. A happy nerd. A productive nerd.

There are brownies in the kitchen. Pot pies are for dinner, with biscuits and peaches. Which actually *does* follow the menu that's posted near my chair. Ironic, when you figure that I put off making the preceeding night's meal for like three days. And then followed the menu for the next day. And I even pulled out hot sausage for tomorrow's spaghetti so it could defrost. Go me!

Tomorrow will be another full day, so I thought I'd be spiffy and remember to take out the stuff to defrost for dinner tomorrow, tonight. Thinking ahead, FTW!

I still need to get to the stupid library, and I still haven't. And it's been almost a month. I just can't seem to get it in gear to get there. Perhaps I'll see if 'Chelle wants to go and take the boys one day next week. She likes libraries.

So I called the stupid Blackstone gym, and asked about having the boys sit outside with us while we swim, like do their homework or something. And apparently they either have to be in the daycare center (they're 9 and 10 years old for christ's sakes), or we can leave them sitting in the front area of the gym, and supposedly the staff will keep an eye on them? Lame, we'll just end up sneaking them out to the pool with us. Idiots. I understand if they're running around and yelling or whatever, or if they're *in* the pool, how it might be a problem. But sitting at a bench doing homework? Bullshit. There are these stupid binks and their boyfriends who lounge about on the chairs out there giving each other massages and rubbing in lotion, but not using the actual pool, and that's ok. So where's the harm in the boys doing their homework? And they want three bucks a day to have them in their little 'daycare' area. Which works out to 15 a week, or 60 a month. And that's fucking stupid, it's more than the actual membership fees.

Mmm...I can smell the brownies. And my nose is twitching. Brownie goodness.

There are new upstairs guys. I can't tell if they just moved in on their own and I missed the girls who live up there moving out, or if it's a boyfriend moving in with the girls who live there. And I don't honestly care. He was a nice guy, said hi and stuff earlier. But whatever electronic equipment that he's moved in with is causing my subwoofer to have an absolute fit. It's done it before. It makes this staticky buzz sound, like it's trying to receive a signal. But with the guys here, it's doing it almost continuously. As though it does it every time his phone rings or something. And it's *really* annoying. We're either going to have to disconnect the sub, or figure out a way to make it bring in a different frequency, Kenneth.

Danny should be here anytime soon. He was heading this way when I started this post, so I'm going to bail and pretend I'm not an internet junkie. Which I am, but hey, we can pretend, right?

No comments: